When can I enter the school?
- There are 2 admission periods every year (April and October).
Is there a short-term course?
- There are 2 courses available, the Long-term Course (1 semester: 6 months) and the Summer Intensive Course (4 weeks). We do not have a 3-month course.
Is there any age limit?
- There is no age limit, but if 5 years or more have past since you graduated from your last school, you should submit a school attendance reason form and explain your plans for studying abroad.
How long is the time period for study at the school?
- Irrespective of the semester you enter the school, you can study for 2 years at the most.
Is it necessary to study Japanese before entering the school?
- You can apply even if you do not have any previous experience. In order to ensure that your studies go smoothly and so you can apply them in your daily life, please study how to read and write the hiragana and katakana syllabaries before you come to Japan.
How much time is required for application approval after submitting an application?
- We will notify you about 2 weeks after we receive your application.
Please tell me how to apply.
- Please send the necessary forms to the school by an international delivery service, such as EMS.
Kyoto Institute of Culture and Language
2-116 Uryuyama Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8271 JAPAN
What should I do about visa procedures?
- On the behalf of the person applying, the school will submit an application for a Certificate of Eligibility for Resident Status to the Immigration Bureau. If you intend to enter the school in April, the application will be submitted in the middle of December, and the Certificate of Eligibility will be issued by the end of February. In addition, if you intend to enter the school in October, the application will be submitted in the middle of June, and the Certificate of Eligibility will be issued by the end of August. The Certificate of Eligibility will be sent directly to the applicant after the school fee has been paid, so apply for a ""Study Abroad"" visa at the Japanese Diplomatic Mission (Embassy or Consulate).
How much are the study abroad expenses?
- School fee
2 years: 1,643,000 yen, 1 and a half year: 1,261,000 yen, 1 year: 881,000 yen, 6 months: 500,500 yen
An amount of about 100,000 yen per month will be required for living expenses for students studying abroad in Kyoto, including fees for lodging.